Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving

We were lucky enough to host Thanksgiving this year at our new house! Which most people wouldn't maybe be so excited about, but I really love hosting and love not having to travel! Avery got a good nap in her own bed and everyone helped pitch in and bring a dish! I was in charge of the turkey -- yes me -- in charge of making the most important part of the meal! I spent hours on Pinterest researching how to make a turkey and not mess it up! Being pregnant and sick- this was an especially daunting task! Brandon wanted to go hunting Thanksgiving morning, meaning I had to wash, season and pull the crap out of the inside of the turkey myself! Blah! He and I made a deal, if he cleaned the house he could go hunting and I would do the turkey and the rest of the food and last minute set up! I survived prepping the turkey! And all was good!


Everyone started showing up about 3:30 and by 4:00 all 20 of us were here and hungry! We had the most delicious Thanksgiving meal at 5:13 (only 13 minutes behind schedule)! I was super proud of myself for not only a yummy turkey, but also having everything coordinated and on time!! Whoo hoo! 

I think I just signed myself up for hosting Thanksgiving for the rest of eternity- and that's just fine with me! 












No comments:

Post a Comment