Friday, October 9, 2015

AWANA

Avery had her first night of Awana tonight! She was so excited to go and get her vest and meet her class! She was really hoping to be in Laynie's class, but that class was full. Avery is in the Yellow Group and Miss Melissa is her teacher, and will be her teacher again next year too! While Amanda got her kids checked in Charlie hung out with us for a minute, of course I had to take a picture of them! 

I walked Avery back to her room and sent her off with a smooch. She, of course, didn't need any encouragement and just went right in like she has been doing this for months! After swimming last week, I didn't know how it would go... she sure likes to keep us on our toes! Anyway, I dropped her off and went to Target for an hour to kill some time. 

I went back a half an hour early and peeked in her classroom. She was having a snack at the table and was visiting and being silly with her new friends. It was so fun to watch her! Her teacher said she did great and even recited the bible verse of the week in front of the whole class on her first night! 


She was so excited when we left, talking a million words per second! 

Here was our conversation walking to the car:

Avery: Mom! Mom! We learned about Chris, he had owies on his wristes and foot wrists, and he died and got all the cwasaqwinces for us!

Me: Do you mean Christ? 

Avery: Yep, him! And he had big owies and he got owies so we don't have to get owies. And I got a sucker and a badge for my new vest and I have new friends and I made this color sheet and we learned about C for Christ and A for Always With Us and we had Minion Applesauce and I had two applesauces and we did our verse and all that. 

Me: Wow Babe! Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Awana! 

Avery: I did. I am going to go home and tell Daddy and then I want to learn my new verse tonight and I really want to eat my sucker because Miss Melissa said maybe after dinner if we ask you maybe we can. 





The next day Avery wanted to journal about Awana!

Her journal entry says:  I had so much fun at my first week of Awana! My teachers name is Miss Melissa. My favorite part about Awana is "singing Deep and Wide and getting a sucker and helping Mommy sew my badge on my vest". Her picture is adorable, her with her vest on holding her orange sucker!


No comments:

Post a Comment