Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Day 9 of the 11 Day Deadline

Call us crazy, but we gave ourselves only 11 days to tear down and rebuild the huge egress window that was caving in and also completely build the basement bathroom before our house goes on the market this Friday!  

We have been cranking it out over here and couldn't have possibly gotten all of this done without all of our family who has been helping!! We are 9 days in today and I'm feeling pretty good-- the window well got repainted yesterday and I was able to fill it back in today, Avery had to help of course too! The whole time she was "helping" she was saying "I'm a ballerina! Mommy you can do it! You are a beautiful ballerina!" 

It was encouraging when actually I felt the absolute polar opposite of anything remotely related to a ballerina, as I was covered in dirt and sweating like a pig-- but it was a good thought nonetheless! And watching Avery dance, twirl and sing her tiny scoops of dirt into the gargantuan hole, as any ballerina would, did keep things on the bright side as we worked! Side note: I may not be able to get out of bed in the morning, backfilling the egress window was a WAY bigger job than I thought I had signed up for (you're welcome babe). 


And as I write this now, it's after 1:00 am and am waiting for Brandon to finish painting the cieling in the bathroom, so I can wipe down the grout in the shower for the 199th time! We are getting close and I am beginning to think that we may actually get it ALL done by Thursday night AND still have to clean the sheetrock dust off of every single square inch of this house! 

In 9 days we have:

1. Taken one trailer load of our belongings over to Bob & Becky's to put into storage! 


2. Dug out and completely rebuilt the egress window!


3. Made huge progress on the bathroom... It's only been 7 days since we started this project and here is what we have done so far: 

Framed in the bathroom and shower
Made a built in shelving unit
Sheet rocked, taped and mudded
Painted all of the trim
Put in lights, shower vent and fan
Tiled and grouted the shower and floor
Painted the cieling and walls




Tomorrow, Sarah is going to come back over to help set the toilet, caulk the shower, put up light fixtures and a few other miscellaneous jobs that will be super helpful to have done! She has already been here 3 days this week tiling the shower, grouting the floor and hauling the trailer full of our stuff over to Bob & Becky's! Avery will be excited when I tell her in the morning that Brayden & Bryson are coming to play and Brandon will be excited to see tasks crossed off of his to-do list! 

Shanon has ever so graciously given me the week off- Avery had a lite case of the stomach flu Sunday night and into Monday, so we were home getting her better yesterday and today...  But today, Shanon decided that I could stay home the rest of the week (thank you, thank you, thank you) and they were going spend some time visiting family and friends while Cullen was on Spring Break. It couldn't have been more perfect timing as far as I'm concerned! As for now, good night, my adorable nephews will be here bright and early ready to play, so I better get at much sleep as I still can! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment