Sunday, December 14, 2014

14 days until Christmas!!

With the holidays right around the corner, we have had some very VERY busy weekends! This weekend we packed it all in, and then some (next weekend is even more jam packed). 

On Friday, we made my Chocolate Crinkle Cookies for my cookie exchange at Vanessa's. We were up until 3:30am working on them! I was working on my project and Brandon was that master baker! Avery was a great helper too until it was time for bed! 




On Saturday, we went to the Kids Christmas in town with Brooke and Blake! It was a really good time, and for a free event it was really nice! Avery played all kinds of games, jumped in a bounce house, saw Santa, secret shopped for Daddy, won all kinds of prizes (even $5 bills), got a free lunch and decorated Christmas cookies! I hope they have it again next year, it was a fun day for us! 










After the Christmas Party, we decided to go to see the Holiday Trian in Loretto. The weather was gorgeous, almost 50*, which is great for standing outside to see the train... Except for the fact that when the weather is gorgeous - everyone decides to go! There was no, literally no, parking and after 20 minutes of trying to find a spot, we saw the train pull in and then decided to leave so I could make it back to my cookie exchange on time! We got one picture! It was still fun to watch it
pull in, but it would have been hard for Avery to see anything in the crowd of people anyway! 


I came home, whipped up my appetizer, grabbed my cookies and was off to Vanessa's for our annual cookie shenanigans! We all had a great time again this year and I am so excited to make my cookie platters to share everywhere we go on Christmas!! Vanessa had all kinds of crazy games for us to play this year... Like the one where we split into teams and played "Rudolf's Rack" and had to blow up balloons and shove them into panty hose as fast as we could before the timer went off (it's harder than it sounds, trust me) and then we had to try our racks on and see who has the biggest Rudolf Rack! 


On Sunday morning, we got up bright and early for church! Avery is so excited about Sunday School right now, it melts my heart! She also really loves her teacher, Ms.O. Today she came out from Sunday School saying "that was fantastic, that what Ms. O tells me, fantastic"!

After church, we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's to celebrate Brandon's birthday. We had blueberry pancakes for brunch and German Chocolate cake for dessert! It was so nice! My Grandma invited Andy and Jenna and my Mom and Larry too (Larry was on call so he couldn't come). We had a great time celebrating! Avery helped everyone put their golden engraved ornaments on the tree and then Great Grandpa gave Avery some quarters and taught her how to play the Juke Box... man, was she ever excited! She played lots of songs, but the most important one was Happy Birthday!

  








No comments:

Post a Comment