Sunday, October 12, 2014

Avery's 2nd Trip to the Dentist

Avery had a dentist appointment on Saturday with Dr. Grinde in Maple Grove. She has been excited to go all week. She kept telling us that he was going to give her a "Minnie and Mickey Mouse toothbrush. Maybe.... Maybe not..." She really was set on that, so we made sure it happened by getting one at Target and sneaking it to the receptionist as we checked in! 

I have been having a tooth bother me the past few weeks also, so when I called earlier this week they were able to sneak me in on Saturdays schedule too. Since we were both being seen at the same time, and Brandon was duck hunting, Avery had to go and get started without me. Needless to say, I was more nervous than she was. When I was done learning that my tooth was dying, and I needed a root canal, I hurried over to see what she was up to across the hall! 

She was doing great! At our last visit, which I made because she had some tartar build up on her bottom teeth, she let them scrape it all away. I was hoping this visit was going to go as smoothly as the last, and it sure did!! She had a full cleaning! All 12 teeth were polished and flossed! Dr. Grinde counted 16 teeth total (her 4 eye teeth are just poking through as if last week). 

Avery was so excited about having a new toothbrush, espicially a Minni and Mickey toothbrush. She didn't want to leave the dentist office. It was a battle getting her jacket on and getting out the door... She wanted to keep visiting with everyone! I finally convinced her to leave by telling her she could push he button on the elevator! 

On the way out she said "Thank you Dr. Grinde, see you in April," she must have over hear me make her next appointment?!? 





No comments:

Post a Comment