Thursday, October 2, 2014

She Sure Keeps us Laughing...

Avery has said a few things in the past week that make me wonder who she is hanging out with in her spare time ;)

I don't know where she gets these things and although I am not exactly "proud" of them, I certainty don't want to forget about these crazy things that come out of her mouth! 


The other night the three of us were snuggling, reading books and talking about our day in bed. I was asking Avery what she learned and her favorite part of the day. This is nothing new, it's a part of our daily bedtime routine. She looks at me as I am in midsentence and says:

Avery: Mom, stop talking! 

Me: Avery, that's not a very nice way to talk to Mommy. If you are all done talking about our day you could use your manners and ask "mommy can we please be all done" or "mommy let's please read a book instead" ... I gave her several examples that all included the word "please".

So we continued on talking about something else and she kindly asks,
"Mooooommmmmyyy, can you PLEASE  stop running your mouth"? 

Brandon about rolled off of the bed, and I had eyeballs popping out of my head (also trying not to laugh). 

Bless her heart, she used her manner words, she really did try. BUT HONESTLY where did she ever learn to say that?!? 

------------------------------------------------

Avery's new thing is being massaged to relax before crawling into her own bed. "Sshhage Me" she says! The other night I was so tired I started falling asleep rubbing her back. My eyelids flew open every time she said "Sshhage me Mommy" and I would awaken enough to rub her little back again. After a few minutes of this nonsense I finally told her "Avery, Mommy is just too tired to keep rubbing your back". 

Without a second of hesitation, with the attitude of a 16 year old girl, she says "Mom, you better think again!"


------------------------------------------------
Avery is really into pretend play right now, puppy, babies, kitchen, resturant.... While playing resturant with Avery she wanted to be the waitress and take my order on her doodle board, she asks me:
 
Avery: Mom what do you want for dinner? 

Me: I would like Pad Thai. 

Avery: No mom, you need to eat your dinner first before you can have pie. 

She sure is a rule follower; no treats until after dinner! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment