Thursday, October 16, 2014

Mommy-Daughter Day!



I am tying to really soak in my time with Avery on these few extra days I have off. I am putting my phone away (except to take photos of course) and focusing on spending quality time with her. We spent the morning snuggling. When she wakes up in the morning she crawls right in with me/us. She isn't much of a snuggler usually, so it doesn't last long. But yesterday morning, she was snuggling! And of course, I was about to pee my pants! I asked her, "Avery are you ready to get up for some breakfast?" Usually, she is out of the bed in two seconds flat, but on the morning I have to pee so bad my eyeballs are floating, she replies " no mommy, I still a little bit sleepy mommy, I snuggle you more ok? Look I'm rubbing my eyes a little bit" as she rubbed her eyes as scooted closer to me! I didn't want to end this moment, but I seriously had to! I told her to keep my spot warm while I went potty and of course when I it back she was ready to wake up "look mom, I awake! Let's eat cereals ok." 
Nnnnoooo!! Darn it! I knew that would happen!!!! But, what was I to do?!? 

Anyway, we ate our "cereals" and played kitchen for a while then Avery asked to go to the park! I suggested we find a new park and Avery replied "let's go sploring (exploring)!" So we got ready and out the door, which was not as easy and usual for us. Avery had to change her shirt, and argue about wearing her rain boots (which I told her she needed tennis shoes to play safe at the park), I filled up the wrong water bottle etc. I couldn't win!! We finally hopped in the car and drove into Buffalo. I pulled up to the park and found that she was sound alseep (even snoring)!! NOW WHAT?!? I asked myself a hundred times... Do I wake her? Let her sleep? Let her take a short nap then wake her? Go home? It was already 11:20, so close to lunch and nap time anyway. But she would be devistated if I brought her back home and we didn't play! So, I decided to let her take a little 30 minute snooze in the car, then we grabbed some lunch and went back to the park to play. 

We played until about 1:45 and then headed home for a real nap. Of course, she tossed and turned and couldn't take a nap. I knew this might happen, so I was trying to encourage her to sleep but since that wasn't working I figured we might as well make the most of our day together and not spend it fighting about a nap! It was 68* and all sunshine yesterday, absolutely beautiful out!! I told her to put her rain boots on and we headed out to go "sploring!" We just went up the road a few miles to Deer Lake Orchard! We hadn't been there yet this year, so it was the perfect opportunity! 





 
Avery had a blast seeing all of the animals. She chased chickens, fed goats and snuggled kitties! Grandma called on her way home from work and decided to stop too! We got a yummy apple cider caramel glazed donut, which was still warm, and DELICIOUS! We stayed and ran around for about 2 hours; we could have stayed longer! I was just happy soaking up the sunshine and giggles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment